Dr. Sayed Tantawy was born in 1975 and graduated from the Faculty of Physiotherapy, Cairo University in 1987 and finished his internship in the AIR Force Military Hospital, Cairo in 1998. He then worked as a physiotherapist in Al-tawfikia Hospital, Cairo and chief of physiotherapy, physical medicine and locomotor system, Ahamed Shawky Hospital, Mohandeseen, Giza from 1987 to 1991. He worked as chief of physiotherapy Sarat Abidha General Hospital, Abha, and sports injuries specialist, Sakr Algazera Club, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (1991-1995). Dr Sayed finished his master degree in 2002 which was titled “Pressure Ulcers Responses to Iontophoresis” at Cairo University. He worked as chairman of physiotherapy department, orthopedic department, Cairo University and physiotherapy consultant, Tantawy Physiotherapy Center, Haram, Giza. Dr Sayed finished his PhD in 2006 which was titled “Effect of Anal Electrical Stimulation on Pressure Time Curve of the Pelvic Floor Muscles in Post Traumatic Faecal Incontinence”, Cairo University. In 2007, he worked as vice director of physical therapy for training, teaching and scientific research, Cairo University Hospitals. From 2008 to 2009, Dr Tantawy worked as physical therapy director in Kasr El-Eini of Radiation, Oncology and Nuclear Medicine, Cairo University and worked also as an assistant professor of physiotherapy, Kasr El Aini Hospital, Cairo University. Dr Tantawy moved to Bahrain to work in Ahlia University in 2009 as an assistant professor of physiotherapy and promoted in Cairo and Ahlia universities to associate professor of physiotherapy. He is also serving as Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner CKTP Elite CKT Association), Secretary General of Egyptian Association of Physical Therapy & Medical Rehabilitation and he is member of The Mediterranean Society of Pelvic Floor Disorders and Egyptian Physical Therapy Syndicate.
Dr Tantawy is a reviewer in many international journals as Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy and International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation Research IJTRR. Dr Sayed is also member in the Editorial Board of many international journals such as the Romanian Journal of Physiotherapy, International Journal of Rehabilitation Sciences, International Research of Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation International, International Journal of Physiotherapy and Research and International Journal of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
Dr Sayed Tantawy is interested in cancer rehabilitation, pelvic floor dysfunctions and physiotherapy for surgery.
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy& Physiology, 2nd Year, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Biomechanics, 2nd year, 2nd Year, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Introduction to Radiology& Pathology, 2nd Year, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Principles of Electrotherapy, 2nd Year, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Orthopedic, Sports& Rheumatology Physiotherapy, 3rd Year, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Pharmacology, 4th Year, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Occupational Health Ergonomics in Physiotherapy, 4th Year, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Sports Injuries, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
In Ahlia University, Dr Sayed supervised 27 undergraduate students’ final projects.
- P.T for orthopedic at the 3rd Academic year, Faculty of Physical therapy, Cairo University.
- P.T for Surgery at the 3rd Academic year, Faculty of Physical therapy, Cairo University.
- Supervision on Clinical P.T for Orthopedic at the 3rd Academic Year, Faculty of Physical therapy, Cairo University.
- Supervision on Clinical Training to the Students in the Obligatory Training Year, 18 Depart. Orthopedic disease and surgery, Cairo University.
- Supervision on Clinical Training to the Students in the Obligatory Training Year, Kasr El-Einy Center of Radiation, Oncology and Nuclear Medicine, Cairo University.
- 16th International Scientific Conference of Physical Therapy, Cairo University, Egypt, under the title of (No More Disability), Cairo, Egypt, 5- 6 March, 2015. (Speaker).
- Research Day of Ahlia University. 5-6 November 2012. (Speaker)
- 2nd International Diabetic Foot Conference, Dubai, UAE, 24-25 September, 2011. (Speaker).
- 7th GCC of primary Health Care, 3 – 5 May 2010, Bahrain (Speaker).
- The 13th International Congress of Faculty of Physical Therapy under the Title of Physical Therapy Between Scientific Distinction and Therapeutic Novelty, 1-2 April, Cairo University, Egypt, 2010 (Speaker).
- The 4th National Conference of Human Performance in Health and Disability, June, 2008. (Speaker).
- Experience of dysmenorrhea among a group of physical therapy students from Cairo University: an exploratory study, Dalia M Kamel, Sayed A Tantawy, Gehan A Abdelsamea (2017), Journal of Pain Research, 10 1079–1085.
- Pulsed magnetic field versus ultrasound in the treatment of postnatal carpal tunnel syndrome: A randomized controlled trial in the women of an Egyptian population, Dalia M. Kamel, Nashwa S. Hamed, Neveen A. Abdel Raoof, Sayed A. Tantawy (2017), Journal of Advanced Research, 8, 45–53.
- The relationship between the development of musculoskeletal disorders, body mass index, and academic stress in Bahraini University students, Sayed A Tantawy, Asma Abdul Rahman, and Maryam Abdul Ameer (2017), Korean J Pain 2017; 30: 126-33.
- The effect of kinesio taping with exercise compared with exercise alone on pain, range of motion, and disability of the shoulder in post mastectomy females: a randomized control trial, Sayed A Tantawy, Dalia M Kamel (2016), J. Phys. Ther. Sci. 28: 3300–3305.
- Impact Of Interferential Current On Pain Relief Among Patients With Orchialgia, Hany M.I. Elgohary, Sayed A. Tantawy, Hadaya M. R. Eladl (2016), Int J Physiother. Vol 3(4), 450-454.
- Efficacy of lumbar mobilization on postpartum low back pain in Egyptian females: A randomized control trial, Dalia M. Kamel, Neveen A. Abdel Raoof and Sayed A. Tantawy (2016), J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil, 29(1):55-63. doi: 10.3233/BMR-150598.
- Effect of kinesio taping on pain post laporoscopic abdominal surgery: randomized controlled trial, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel, IJTRR 2015, 4: 5 I doi: 10.5455/ijtrr.00000098.
- Effect of abdominal versus pelvic floor muscle exercises in obese Egyptian women with mild stress urinary incontinence: A randomised controlled trial, Dalia M. Kamel, Ali A. Thabet, Sayed A. Tantawy, Mohamed M. Radwan (2013), Hong Kong Physiotherapy Journal, 31(1):12–18.
- Influence of second-degree flatfoot on spinal and pelvic mechanics in young females, Neveen Abdel-Raoof, Dalia Kamel, Sayed Tantawy (2013), International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 20(9):428-343.
Detrusor instability responses to transvaginal versus posterior tibial nerve stimulation, Adly AS, Ali AT, Dalia MK, Sayed AT (2012), The Health; 3(4): 90-93.
- Efficacy of Ultrasound on Bone Mineral Density and Quality of Life in Females Post- mastectomy Patients: Pre-Post Intervention Study, Sayed A Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel (2012),Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy. 2012, 6(4): 254-258. 5p. 2 Charts.
- Postmenopausal Breast Cancer Chemotherapy Responses Antiemetics P6 Accustimulation, Sayed A. Tantawy& Dalia M. Kamel (2010), Med. J. Cairo Univ., Vol. 78, No. 2, September 205-211.
- Effect of Weight Reduction on Liver Enzyme in Obese Post- menopausal Women with Chronic Hepatitis, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel, Akram Abdel Aziz and Manal E. AbuFarha (Jul. 2010), Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ., Vol. 15, No. (2).
- Does Aerobic Exercise Training with Weight Loss Affect Serum C-reactive Protein in Asymptomatic Obese Peri-menopausal Women?, Dalia M. Kamel& Sayed A. Tantawy (December, 2010), Med. J. Cairo Univ., Vol. 78, No. 2, 687-692.
- The Role of Physical Therapy Intervention in the Management of Diabetic Neuropathic Foot Ulcers, Hoda M. Zakaria, Sahar M. Adel, and Sayed A. Tantawy P.T (2008), Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ.: Vol. 13, No. (2).
- Effect of Low Level Laser Therapy during the Treatment of Chemotherapy Induced Oral Mucositis in Postmenopausal Breast Cancer, Sayed A. Tantawy (2008), Dalia M. Kamel, Nevee A. Abd El-Raoof, Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ.: Vol 13, No.1.
- Fecal Incontinence Responses to Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation in Partial Spinal Cord Injured Patients, Hoda M. Zakaria, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel, Sahar M. Adel, Khalid A. Kassem (2009) , Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ.: Vol 14, No.1.
- Effect of Kinesio taping on pain post laparoscopic abdominal surgery: randomized controlled trial, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel (16-17 March 2017), 18th International scientific conference of faculty of physical Therapy, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Investigating the effect of Kinesio tape over the convential physical therapy management of shoulder related complications in post mastectomy females: A randomized control trial, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel (10-11 March 2016), 17th International scientific conference of faculty of physical Therapy, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Abdominopelvic Cavity Concept in Urinary Incontinence Rehabilitation “Medical and Health Sciences”, Dr. Dalia Mohamed and Dr. Sayed Abdel Moneim Tantawey (2016), LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, OmniScriptum GmbH& Co. KG, BahnhofstraBe 28, 66111, Saarbrucken.
- Rehabilitation for Fecal Incontinence “Medical and Health Sciences”, Dr. Sayed Tantawey and Dr. Dalia Kamel (2016), LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, OmniScriptum GmbH& Co. KG, BahnhofstraBe 28, 66111, Saarbrucken.