Wasan Shakir is an Associate Professor and Dean of Information Technology College. She is holding BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees in Computer Science. Dr. Wasan joined the University of Bahrain in September 2002 as Assistant Professor of Computer Science and in 2012 she was promoted to Associative Professor of Computer Science. She joined Ahlia University in September 2014 as Associative Professor of Computer Science.
Dr. Wasan has 17 years undergraduates teaching experience in computer science and information systems and seven years post graduate teaching and supervision experience with more than 20 postgraduate student supervision. She has very good experience in problem solving and algorithm design, computer programming, information systems development and software engineering, most computer applications, research and development in computational intelligence, coding theory, and information security. Furthermore, she has good experience in preparing academic programmes, scientific and project planning and administration, and experience in the academic programs QA and accreditation.
Dr. Wasan has published papers in different fields of computer science and IT in a number of international journals and conferences. She also serves as a member of the editorial boards in a number of international journals and conferences.
She served Bahrain Community by, for example, publishing a number of articles in the newspapers, delivering a number of training courses, developing and improving academic programmes of other universities, being a consultant for ministry of social development, and chairing sessions in a number of Bahraini conferences.
She was awarded first prize for best paper presented at the National Computer Centre conference, Baghdad, 1998 and the University of Technology prize for best technical achievement for the year 1999, Baghdad.
Dr. Wasan is a member of a number of Scientific and Professional Societies, such as, IEEE, ACM, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), and Internet Society.
- Land evaluation using genetic algorithms
- A new keystream generator based on simulated annealing
- Using genetic programming to convert an object oriented design to object oriented program
- Automated synthesis of Petri net using simulated annealing
- Automated logic circuit design using genetic programming
- Decoding of linear block codes using genetic algorithms
- Automated construction of neural networks using genetic programming
- Synthesis of optical filter using genetic algorithms
- CGADS and ADGADS: new development in GADS
- Attacking stream ciphers using GA
- Designing Stream Ciphers using GADS and Simulated Annealing
- Improving Security of Multimedia Information Systems Using Information Hiding
- Improving the Security of Storage Systems using Cloud Computing: Bahrain Case Study
- Design and Analysis of Deterministic Algorithm for Combinatorial Optimization Problem (TSP)