OUR VISION IS:
AU aspires to be a leader in the production and dissemination of knowledge in specific research focus areas in Bahrain and the wider Gulf region. This vision is translated into the following mission statement:
OUR MISSION IS:
- To support the further development of research undertaken in the University.
- To undertake research that informs the curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To carry out research in partnership with business, industry and the local community to provide innovative solutions to identified needs.
- To disseminate the findings of research in order to make a difference to the prosperity of the Bahraini community and the wider Gulf region.
Goals: Research Plan 2016-2020:
AU has six goals with respect to research in the 2016-2020 research plan. These are:
- Goal 1: to enhance the research culture at the university through lectures and seminars as well as support activities and other resources.
- Goal 2: to undertake high quality research in line with the highest ethical standards.
- Goal 3: to produce research that informs the curriculum at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Goal 4: to develop and implement multidisciplinary research in the four niche (focus) areas of Entrepreneurship, Islamic Banking and Finance, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and community-based research which has a focus on the development and growth of the Bahraini community, and beyond.
- Goal 5: to achieve high quality outputs which have impact.
- Goal 6: to establish and grow research consultancy as a source of third-stream income.
Research Focus Groups:
Ahlia University developed a research frame work to in line with its research plan 2016-2020 regarding the Niche research areas. To this extent, four focus groups were developed and there is an opportunity of internal, external, and interdisciplinary research collaboration. The research groups along with their champions are as followings:
- Champion: Dr Dalia Mohamed Kamel.
- It is one of the major foci on community engagement in the AU Strategic Plan 2016-2020. A country’s ability to produce, and support successful entrepreneurs is seen as a good measure for economic and social prosperity.
- For further details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Islamic Banking and Finance.
- Champion: Prof Amer Al Roubaie.
- There is an increasing need globally for high quality, accessible Islamic banking and finance. ‘Finance that complies with Islamic law has been one of the fastest growing segments of the global financial system and sales of Islamic bonds have grown considerably’ (National Research Strategy).
- For further details contact email@example.com
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Champion: Dr Wasan Awad.
- ICT is one of the focus areas in the National Research Strategy. AU has two colleges that offer academic programs in this area and is thus well placed to develop ICT as a niche area that encompasses Information Technology, Communication Engineering and Networking.
- For further details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community-based Research (ICT) – National needs.
- Champion: Prof Shawqi Al Dalal.
- AU is committed to undertake socially responsible research with a particular emphasis on ICT that has a positive impact on local challenges, and which meets national needs.
- For further details, contact email@example.com