Welcome to the homepage for Ahlia’s University Legal Affairs & Compliance Unit.
View College council Chart
- Be the primary University representative in responding to and/or reporting to government investigations and queries.
- Provide in-house legal advice and counseling to the University through its administrators, faculty and staff in the course of their duties.
- Administer the University’s grievance and dispute resolution procedures.
- Provide policy/law/regulation interpretation.
- Manage actual or threatened litigation in which the University is involved.
- Provide legal advice in drafting and reviweing agreements, contracts, memoranda and other legal documents.
- Seek to ensure compliance and adherence to the legal and regulatory obligations imposed by the University, government and other oversight agencies.
- Develop and implement a University-wide compliance program.
- Work with senior management to identify compliance areas.
- Detect compliance issues and suggest corrective actions.
- Seek to ensure that all appropriate employees are knowledgeable of legal and regulatory obligations.
- Provide all employees with an opportunity to report issues of potential non-compliance in a manner that preserves confidentiality.