Dr Salah Al Hamad holds a PhD in Engineering with Technology Management & Education from the University of Huddersfield, UK.
Dr Salah joined Ahlia University in November 2013 as an Assistant Professor and served as Chairperson of the Department of Computer Engineering for the academic year 2015/16. He now holds a new role for the Implementation of Teaching & Learning Strategies.
Dr Salah has over thirty years’ experience of engineering technology management and education, including a period as head of the Technical & Vocational Education Department of the Ministry of Education. His industrial experience includes concept development, detail design and control system process concepts across various aspects of engineering including mechatronics, computer, electrical, system design engineering, computer applications in design, manufacturing using CAD, CAM, CNC and engineering managements subjects knowledge. Dr Salah’s wide industrial background supports his engineering management education experience and is an asset at practical, theoretical and managerial levels of teaching. In addition, due to his combination of industrial and education background, he participated in developing employee professional development training programmes with Bahrain’s Ministry of Labour, various institutions and companies aligned with international bodies. These programmes were designed to cover participant needs through HNC/HND, engineering, academic, banking & finance, corporate relations and project management programmes. He served on the Bahrain Economic Development Board’s Apprenticeship Committee in 2007.
Dr Salah also provides extra-curricular consulting services and support, including organising local and regional seminars, development workshops and conferences, designing and developing teaching and learning materials for technical and vocational education (T&VE).
He was a member of the Organising Committees for IV International Conference on Multimedia and ICTs in Education (m-ICTE) and the IEEE International Conference: Computer and Information Technology (CIT, 9780769541082/10, DOI 10.1109/CIT.2010.257).
Dr Salah is a member of the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Nezar Ahmadi (2013) Digital Fabrication in Architecture: A Feasibility Study for its Application in Bahrain.
- Mahmood Akbar (2013) Designing a Quality Management System: The Case of Talal Abu Ghazaleh University.
- Sayed Hasan Ali (2013) Evaluating the Process of Strategizing the Network Rationalization Program (NRP) of Mena telecom.
- Sayed Fouad Hafez (2013) Optimization in Production Operations: Optimal “Lean Operations” in Manufacturing
- Ahmed Lahmedi (2014) Evaluating the Use of KM on Balanced Safety Management System.
- Moayed Shawiya (2014) The Impact of Job Satisfaction on the Progress of the Architectural Projects in Bahrain
- Sayed Husain Khalaf (2014) Factors Affecting Decision Making and Associated Risks in Engineering Production Line.
- Mohamed Alsendi (2014) Studying the Effect of Decision Making on Delayed Construction Projects.
- Latifa Buhammood (2015), Assessing the Impact of E-Government Services on the Government’s Performance in Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Husain Khamis (2015), Assessing the Effectiveness of IMS Implementation on the Electric Power Plants.
- Ramlah Alkoofi (2015), Assessing the Safety Management System at Bahrain Construction Projects
- Mustafa Ali Asad Ali Shehabi (2016), Impact of Knowledge Management on Organizational Performance, Case: Bahrain Industrial Sector.
- Jawad Derbas Salman Derbas (2016), The Impact of Organizational Culture on Total Quality Management, Case: Aluminum Industry In Bahrain.
- Bader Ali Yusuf Lahdan (2016), Cost Comparison of Sonar Bathymetry and Airborne Lidar for The Potential Use of Lidar in The Kingdom of Bahrain
- Hasan Khaled Mohamed Murad (2016) Arduino Microcontroller based Mini Smart Parking System
- Ali Salem Ali Ahmed Al Buainain (2016) Ship Collision Avoidance: An Arduino Base System
- Al Hamad Salah (2016) Use of Computer Assisted Instructions in Students’ Learning: A Case Study on Industrial Manufacturing at the 3D Printing in Higher Education Workshop, College of Graduate Studies & Research, Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi; Jmeel, Yousif, Alsafar; Jamal Shata (1997) Engineering Manufacturing Technological Book, Ministry of Education- Bahrain – Ref – Purchasing Directorate and Curriculum Directorate- Technical Division.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi; Jmeel, Yousif, Alsafar; Jamal Shata (1997) Engineering Manufacturing Practical Book, Ministry of Education- Bahrain – Ref – Purchasing Directorate and Curriculum Directorate- Technical Division.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi; Jmeel, Yousif, Alsafar; Jamal Shata (1997) Engineering Manufacturing Work Book. Ministry of Education- Bahrain – Ref – Purchasing Directorate and Curriculum Directorate- Technical Division.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi, Mishra, Rakesh, Fieldhouse, John D. and Ward, Steve (2006) Effectiveness of Parallel and Serial Integration of Teaching Resources in Laboratory Teaching in Engineering Education. International Journal of Learning, 13 (6). pp. 55-62. ISSN 1447-9494.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi and Mishra, Rakesh (2006) Computer Assisted Laboratory Instructions: Learning Outcomes Analysis. In: Proceedings of IV international conference on multimedia and information and communication technologies in communication. m-ICTE, Seville, Spain, pp. 330-341. ISBN 8469024698.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi, Mishra, Rakesh, Fieldhouse, John D., Ward, Steve and McComish, John (2006) Effect of Integration of Computer Simulations in Traditional Teaching Methodology. In: Proceedings of Computing and Engineering Annual Researchers’ Conference 2006: CEARC’06. University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield, UK, pp. 1-8
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi, Mishra, Rakesh, Fieldhouse, John D., Ward, Steve and McComish, John (2007) Effectiveness of Computer Assisted Laboratory Instructions: Learning Outcomes Analysis. International Journal of Learning, 14 (8). pp. 197-209. ISSN 1447-9494.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi and Mishra, Rakesh (2009) Using Computer Technology Tools to Improve the Teaching-Learning Process in Technical and Vocational Education: Mechanical Engineering Subject Area. International Journal of Learning, 15 (12). pp. 155-168. ISSN 1447-9494.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi and Mishra, Rakesh (2010) Teachers’ Attitude towards Integration of Computer Assisted Instructions in Teaching and Learning Process in CAD/CAM/CNC Module. International Journal of Learning, 16 (12). pp. 137-147. ISSN 1447-9494.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi, Mishra, Rakesh, Khalaf, Haifa and Al Seddiqi, Mohamed (2010) The Effect of Using Computer Technology Tools to Enhance the Teaching-Learning Process in CAD-CAM-CNC Module in Mechanical Engineering Subject Area. In: Global Learn Asia Pacific 2010: Global Conference on Learning and Technology. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Vancouver, Canada, p. 9. ISBN 1-880094-79-7.
- Abdulrasool, Salah Mahdi, Mishra, Rakesh, Khalaf, Haifa (2010) Teachers’ and Students’ Attitudes Towards Traditional and Computer Assisted Blended Teaching and Learning Processes in Mechanical Engineering Subjects Area. 10th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (CIT 2010) 978-0-7695-4108-2/10 – DOI 10.1109/CIT.2010.257.
- Salah Al-Hamad, Laszlo E. Kollar, Taimoor Asim, and Rakesh Mishra (2016) Development of an Integrated Connectedness Model to evaluate the effectiveness of Teaching and Learning. The 15th IFIP Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society – Social Media – School of Management, Swansea University- Wales- UK