Dr. Mohamed Hasan Mohamed Hasan joined Ahlia University in 2015. He holds a PhD degree in Education in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from the University of Exeter, UK. He obtained his Master’s degree in TESOL from the University of Essex, UK, in 2009 and his Bachelor’s degree in English and Translation from the University of Bahrain, in 2007. Between 2007 and 2008, Dr Mohamed worked as an Arabic teacher assistant at the University of Pennsylvania, USA, where he also took postgraduate courses in TESOL.
Dr. Hasan has experience in teaching English to both adults and young learners. In addition to teaching at several private institutes in Bahrain from 2006 to 2014, he taught as a part-timer at the English Language Center at the University of Bahrain between February, 2010 and January, 2011. Currently, he is teaching English to the students at Ahlia University.
- Fulbright Teaching Assistantship 2007-2008
- March, 2017: Fifth Ahlia University Annual Research Forum: Dr. Hasan presented a paper entitled, “Paradox in Teaching and Learning”.
- March, 2016: Fourth Ahlia University Annual Research Forum: Dr. Hasan presented a paper entitled, “Teacher Professionalism”.
- April, 2015: Saar Secondary Girls School, Ministry of Education, Bahrain: Dr. Hasan gave a motivational speech entitled ‘the recipe to ultimate success in learning English’.
- March, 2014: TESOL Arabia, Dubai: Dr. Hasan presented a paper on the impact of contextual factors on teacher professionalism.
- March, 2014: Bahrain ELT 3rd Conference, Manama, Bahrain: Dr. Hasan presented a paper on the impact of contextual factors on teacher professionalism.
- May, 2012: Annual Student Conference at the University of Exeter, UK: Dr. Hasan presented a paper on the impact of text-based CMC on students’ English communicative skills.
- November, 2012: Bahrain ELT 2nd Conference, Manama, Bahrain: Dr. Hasan presented a paper on the impact of text-based CMC on students’ English communicative skills.
- August, 2011: E-Teacher Summer School Conference, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA: Dr. Hasan attended an E-Teacher summer school for 3 weeks. He completed a project at the end of the course on using Wikis to Foster Collaborative Learning in English Language Writing in Bahrain. A video link to the presentation of the project can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liwt0pTNr-I&feature=youtu.be.
- 2007 – 2015: Dr. Hasan attended a countless number of workshops and conferences on teaching in Bahrain, Egypt, UAE, UK and USA.