Holding a Doctorate of Philosophy from Brunel University London, focused on Strategic decisions and quality in the context of Higher Education, and obtained postgraduate studies in International Business from Leeds Business School. Currently holding the position Director of Centre for Accreditations and Quality Assurance (CAQA) at Ahlia University (Bahrain), as part of the daily activities a high role of supporting various nature of units within the university with all the quality assurance activities and ensuring high quality standards and promulgating the best practices across the university, units has been supported in relation to Quality Management & Control standards pertaining to Academic and Administrative aspects. I am an approved external reviewer/examiner for Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA) and Bahrain Quality Assurance (BQA), conducted various QA external reviews at both programme and institutional level.
As an expert in curriculum review, obtained both experience in designing and mapping qualifications to be placed on the National Qualification Framework as well as to be aligned in case of foreign qualification delivered in the country. Active validator for the General Directorate for Qualifications as part of BQA, Bahrain to evaluate the qualifications to be placed on the framework.
Highly experienced in HEIs in various counties such as United Kingdom, Kingdom of Bahrain and Oman, along with my diverse background enable me to transfer and share knowledge and experience from multiple aspects. In particular is solids my background to institutionalize and streamline various adapted QA standards into one quality management system supporting all the HEI targets such as international accreditation and ranking. This area was activated through becoming an active member at governance level which enable revising, implementation, assessing and further planning for the university strategic plan towards achieving the mission and vision of the university that includes 5-10 years targets and Key Performance indicators (KPIs) have also been practiced and highly performed in all aspects not restricted to QA.
Various publications and research has been conducted as part of the continuous research, publications in the area of strategies of Higher Education and Quality Management was presented in multiple International journals and conferences.
- 2015 Factors effecting decision making process in Private Bahrain Higher Education Context, Brunel University Research Symposium
- 2015 Strategies towards Employability and sustainability of graduates, QS Maple, Doha
- 2015 Higher Education Framework for Integrating Employability and sustainability Skills, Bahrain Quality Assurance Authority
- 2016 Strategies for integrating research as part of student learning, QS Maple, Al Ain AUE
- 2017 The role of qualification frameworks in assurance of appropriate selection of assessment methods for quality learning, Oman Quality Network in Higher Education, Oman
- 2017 Extended Model of Factors effecting decision making process in Higher Education, Brunel University Research Symposium
- 2018 Impact of social media on citizens seeking cosmetic procedures, equal opportunity conference, Bahrain
- AlDhaen , E. (2016). Intergrating Research with Student Learning . The future of Higher Education in Middle East and Africa. UAE: QS Maple.
- AlDhaen , E., Gallear , D., & Eldabi, T. (2017). Study of the Strategic Decision Making in Higher Education Institutions . The Independent Institute of Education , 12(2), 139-141.
- AlDhaen, E. (2007). Consumer Behavior in Fast Food Industry in Kingdom of Bahrain . U.K: Leeds Business School .
- AlDhaen, E. (2015). Strategies towards Employability and Sustainability of Graduates . Middle Eastern and North African Higher Education Institutions . Doha : QS Maple .
- AlDhaen, E. (2017). Study of the Strategic Decision Making in Higher Education Institutions . London: Brunel University BURA .
- AlDhaen, E. (2017). The Role of Qualification Framework in Assurance Approperiate Selection of Assessment Methods for Quality Learning . Oman : Oman Quality Network in Higher Education .
- AlDhaen, E., & Hassan, A. (2018). Strategies Toward Integrating Research with Student Learning. In H. M. Mok, The Future of Higher Education in the Middle East and Africa . QS Middle East and North Africa Professional Leaders in Education Conference, Springer
- AlDhaen, E., Stone, M., & Aravopoulou, E. (2018). The role of qualification frameworks in assuring appropriate selection of assessment methods for quality learning. International Journal of Higher Education Management, 4(2), 24-34.