Dr. Amer Al-Roubaie is a Professor of Economics at Ahlia University in Bahrain. He obtained his doctorate in economics from McGill University, Montreal Canada. He taught economics at Concordia University as an Adjunct Professor and also at other North American and Middle Eastern universities. He was also a research Fellow at ISTAC, kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, for a number of years.
Besides economics, his expertise lies in the fields of knowledge-based development, Islamic banking and Finance, development economics and globalisation and international business.
- Postgraduate students
- Amer Al-Roubaie And Rasha shaker, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery: An Approach for Sustaining Development in GCC Countries,2009, Bahrain.
- Amer Al-Roubaie, The Global Financial Crisis and its impact on Islamic Financial Institutions, 2009, Malaysia.
- Amer Al-Roubaie, ICT and Poverty Alleviation in Muslim Societies, 2010, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Amer Al-Roubaie, “Managing Knowledge and innovation for Sustainable Development in the Arab World”, 2011, Abu Dhabi
- Amer Al-Roubaie, “Building Capacity for a Knowledge Society in the Arab World”, 2011, Bahrain.
- Amer Al-Roubaie, The New Global Economy and International Trade,Golden Tulip Hotel Bahrain, June 2013
- Amer Al-Roubaie, Innovation & Development, The case of GCC Countries, September 2013 Golden Tulip Hotel Bahrain,
- Amer Al-Roubaie, Knowledge–Based Economies:Challenges and opportunities for Arab Countries, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, 5th – 6th February, 2014.
- Amer Al-Roubaie, Knowledge Transfer for Sustainable Development, West meet East-Sharing the Past and current Experience to benefit the future, Montreal, Canada, 13th- 14th -15th August , 2014.
- Amer Al-Roubaie, Building Innovation Capacity for knowledge creation in GCC, West meet East-Sharing the Past and current Experience to benefit the future, Montreal, Canada, 13th- 14th -15th August , 2014.
- Amer Al-Roubaie, Building Capacity for knowledge sharing in Muslim Societies: The role of ICT, 2nd Conference on Global trends in Academic Research, Bandung , Indonesia