Emad Mohieddin is an Assistant Professor and Chairperson of the Interior Design Department at Ahlia University. In 2001, he received his PhD in Architecture from the Faculty of Architecture & Urban Planning in the Technical University of Graz in Austria. In 1996, he received his MSc in Building & Urban Design from the School of Architecture at the University of London, UK. In 1991, he obtained his Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering. Dr Emad joined Ahlia University, Bahrain in 2006 as an Assistant Professor of Interior Design in the College of Arts, Science & Education. Additionally, he has conducted research in the areas of Architecture and Landscaping design.
Supervised a variety of interior design studios such as:
- Impact of using colors on restaurants design
- Innovative library
- Design for sorcery disabilities and minorities
- Application of sustainable interior methods in office buildings
- Conducted different presentations for interior design students about different topics in Interior Design (such as using sustainable materials and its effect on human health, First Second 2015).
- Conducted presentations for the College of Arts in different topics in Design The effect of war on interior design, First Semester 2016.
- 18th International Conference on Sustainable Architecture & Urban Design, Istanbul, Enhance Indoor Environment in Buildings and its Effect on Improving Occupant’s Health, Feb. 2016