Allam Hamdan, Associate Professor, Chairperson of Accounting and Economics Department since 2013, was born in 1980 in Gaza- Palestine. He holds a Bachelor degree in Accounting from Islamic University in Gaza and obtained a master degree and PhD in Accounting from Arab Academy of Banking and Financial Sciences, Amman, Jordan in 2009 and Joined Ahlia University in the same year as Assistant Professor.
He has more than 60 papers published in regional and international Journals that discussed several accounting, financial and economic issues concerning the Arab world. In addition he has interests in educational related issues in the Arab world universities like educational governance, investment in education and its relation with economic growth and he is a member of the Steering Committee of the International Arab Conference for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
He was awarded the Third Prize of the “Arab Prize for the Social Sciences and Humanities”, which is organized by the Arab Centre for Research and Policy Studies (ACRPS) in Qatar, 2015.He was also awarded the First Prize in the “Durrat Watan” contest which is organised by the Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR), UAE, 2013. In addition he was awarded the International Excellence Award in Islamic Marketing, which is organised by The International Islamic Marketing Association, UK, 2012. He has also been honored several times in Ahlia Research day for his research activity.
Has expertise in building research methodology and models and has a good command in statistical analysis and econometrics while showing Interest in applying empirical studies in accounting and finance. He is a member in many scientific journals advisory boards and a reviewer as well.
Allam Hamdan has supervised many Bachelor degree projects in Accounting, MBA theses and projects and PhD theses in Brunel University.
- Costandi, S., and Hamdan, A. (2015). “The Risk of Intellectual Decadence: Stakeholder Organizations and the Neglect of the Human Sciences in Universities in the Arabian Gulf”. Gulf Studies Forum, (Doha, Qatar: December 6-8).
- Hamdan, A., and Costandi, S. (2015). “The Relationship between Investment in Education and Economic Growth: An empirical study from GCC 1974-2013”. Gulf Studies Forum, (Doha, Qatar: December 6-8).
- Hamdan, A. (2015). “The Road Towards World Class Research Universities”. Fourth Annual Conference on the Social Sciences and Humanities, (Morocco: March 19-21).
- Hamdan, A., and Awwad, B. (2015). “The impact of higher education governance in the quality of scientific research: Evidence from Palestine, and Bahrain”. The Fifth International Arab Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education, (University of Sharjah, UAE: March 3-5).
- Debab, N., and Hamdan, A. (2015). “The E-learning, Case Study of Ahlia University”. The Fifth International Arab Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education, (University of Sharjah, UAE: March 3-5).
- Hamdan, A. (2015). “Evaluation of Islamic Banks Market Structure and its Relation with Profitability: compared study from GCC countries”. The Fifth Global Islamic Marketing Conference, (Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur: April 22-24).
- Hamdan, A., and Al-Sartawi, A. (2012). “The Impact of Global Financial Crisis on the Abnormal Returns of Islamic Banks Shares: Evidence from GCC Countries”. The Second Global Islamic Marketing Conference, (UAE: January 17-18).
- Hamdan, A. (2011). “The Impact of Capital Structure in the Level of Investment in Information Technology and Its Impact on the Performance of Jordanian Banks”. Conference of E-Business, (Zarqa University. Amman: March 15-16).
- Hamdan, A. (2015). “The Impact of Global Financial Crisis on the Abnormal Returns of Kuwaiti Banks Shares: Event Study”. The Impact of Financial Crisis on Arab World Conference. (University of Jordan, Amman: May 10-11).
- Hamdan, A., and Abzakh, M. (2010). “The (E-Auditing) and its Effect on the Evidences Quality: Evidence from Bahrain”. European, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems, (Abu Dhabi, UAE: April 12-13).
- Karim, A., and Hamdan, A. (2010). “The Impact of Information Technology on Improving Banking Performance Matrix: Jordanian Banks as Case Study”. European, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems, (Abu Dhabi, UAE: April 12-13).
- Hamdan, A. (2009). “The Role of External Auditing in Predicting Financial Crises”. The Impact of Financial Crisis on Business Organization, (Zarqa University, Amman: November 10-11).
- Abu Ijela, I., and Hamdan, A. (2009). “Corporate Governance and Earnings Management”. The International Financial Crisis and Corporate Governance, (University of Farhat Abbas- Setif, Algiers: October 20-21).