Entry Requirements for Transfer Applicants
The university accepts M.Sc. and MBA programme applicants transferring from other recognized institutions of education. Transfer applicants are eligible for consideration for admission subject to meeting the following conditions:
- Completion of one or more semesters in the institution they are transferring from.
- Submission of a copy of the official transcripts of the courses studied with the syllabi and description and a withdrawal letter from the previous institution of higher education.
Documents Requirements for Transfer Applicants
- Filled in Master’s programme application form
- Four recent passport size photographs
- Copy of the applicant’s passport
- Copy of the applicant’s ID card
- Copy of the applicant’s secondary school certificate and graduation notification certified and endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education
- Copy of the official transcript of grades for the last three years of secondary school certified and endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education
- Copy of the applicant’s undergraduate degree (certificate, graduation notification and academic transcript) certified and endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education
- Copy of the endorsed withdrawal letter from the previous institution of higher education
- Copy of the official endorsed transcripts of the courses studied in the other institution of higher education with the syllabi and course descriptions
- Medical Report
- Non-refundable application fee of BD 40
Transfer of Credits Rules and Regulations
Transfer applicants attempting to transfer credits earned from their previous institution of higher education may be granted credits for courses required in their new academic programme at Ahlia University according to the University transfer of credits rules and regulation which are in line with the with the Bahraini Higher Education Council transfer of credits regulations, which are as follows:
- The maximum number of credits that a M.Sc. an MBA programme transfer applicant can be exempted from based on their prior education is 50% of the total number of credits required in the programme they applied for at Ahlia University.
- Master programme transfer applicants cannot be exempted from the dissertation course.
- The courses transferred based on studies at previous higher education institution will be counted as credits only and will not be counted in Ahlia University cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
- Equivalent credits/courses taken at previous higher education institution will be transferred only if;
o The applicant has obtained a “B” grade or higher in the course
o The course has an equivalent course in the new academic programme at Ahlia University
o The course has an equal or higher number of credits to its equivalent course at Ahlia University.