Amani Alaali is a lecturer at Ahlia University. She holds a BA as well as an MA from Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK – both in the field of Interior Design. Amani joined Ahlia University in January 2014 as a lecturer and with the help of the university went to study for her PhD in September 2017. She is currently back to teaching while in the final stages of her PhD.
On the academic front her PhD focus is on global brand and their localized spatial experiences within different geographical locations. Her work has been published in several outlets including “The Design Journal” which is an A class journal. Her work was also published in two highly ranked conferences within the field of Design and Design Management including the “Design Innovation Management” and “Design2020” conference proceedings. The conference proceedings of “Design2020” were published by the highly reputed Cambridge Publishing.
While on the commercial front Amani also wrote a monthly article for several years (2014-2019) in the number one interior design magazine in Bahrain “Arabian Homes”. She has also freelanced and designed the concept stages for several commercial and residential interiors.
- The Effect of being Green by opening a DIY Center for Youth of Age 14-17 years
- The Impact of Kindergartens’ Environment on Children
- Colour Consideration and Textures in Café design. A case study in Chaise Café & Art Gallery, Bahrain
- Productivity and Design: Proposal for Telecommunication Company. A case study in Zain Telecommunications, Manama, Bahrain
- “A story to be told: Nostalgia in Design”, Ahlia University Fifth Annual Research Forum, March 2017