Associate Professor Dr Sarea is the winner of Emerald Literati Award 2014 for Excellence (UK). He has over 100 publications and edited several books. He received many awards and invited as a keynote speaker on several occasions. Dr Sarea serves on the editorial team of several international journals published by Elsevier, Emerald, Taylor & Francis and Inderscience (UK). Dr Sarea is the Associate Editor, Heliyon Business and Economics (Elsevier), Consulting Editor, Journal of Education for Business (Taylor & Francis), AE, International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management (Emerald), AE, ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance (Emerald), AE, Asian Journal of Accounting Research (Emerald), EAB, Journal of Islamic Accounting and Business Research (Emerald), EAB, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration (Emerald) and AE, MENA Journal of Cross-Cultural Management (Inderscience).
He obtained his PhD in Economics and Muamalat Administration (Accounting) from USIM Malaysia in 2011. He joined Ahlia University in September 2011 and has been Director of Ahlia MBA Program since 2013. In 2015, He has been appointed as a recognized PhD supervisor by Brunel University London.
- Fatima Al-Rawahi “An Investigation of the level of Compliance with International Accounting Standards (IAS 1) by Listed firms in Bahrain Bourse- MBA program- Ahlia University
- Zainab A. Hussein “The adoption of International Accounting Standards (IAS 19) by Listed firms in Bahrain Bourse- MBA program- Ahlia University
- Maryam Abdulla Juma Mehaiza, “Risk Management in Government sector: Ministry of Works (MOW)”. Master of Engineering Management Program, George Washington University/ Ahlia University
- Wael Ezzeldeen Mohamed Arafa, “Role of Finance in Engineering Management: A Qualitative Study”, Master of Engineering Management Program, George Washington University/ Ahlia University
- In 2010 participated at the workshop of the skills development programme on SPSS that was hold between 21 Jun to 23 Jun 2010 which organized by International Islamic University Malaysia.
- In 2010 participated the Early Career Researcher Consortium- 8 November 2010 Collaboration between IAAER, ACCA, MAREF and University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- In 2010 attended the workshop on Shari’ah issues on Islamic finance and wealth management. The conference was organized by Faculty of Economics and Business Administration – Islamic Science University of Malaysia. 14th November 2010.
- In 2012, attending a Staff Development Session (in PhD Supervision) for the 4th till the 5th of June 2012. Run by Brunel University London and Ahlia University, Manama- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- March I7, 2012, Advisor & Counselor Roles at Ahlia University (1), Soft Skills Workshop, Manama- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- March 12, 2012, the Methodology of Teaching & Learning at Ahlia University, Manama- Kingdom of Bahrain.
- March 19, 2012, Advisor & Counselor Roles at Ahlia University (2), Manama-Kingdom of Bahrain.
- May 21 & 23, 2012, Teaching Methodology, Ahlia University, Manama-Kingdom of Bahrain.
- January 19, 2013- February 16, 2013, Training of Trainers-Enterprise Creation in Ahlia University. UNIDO program (United Nation).
- February 19, 2013, attending seminar about “Can the Chinese currency “Yuan” be a reserve currency” organized by the Bahrain Overseas Centre of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India. Ahlia University. Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
- February 27, 2013, ACCA and Accounting Profession, organizing by College of Business and Finance, Ahlia University. Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
- March 3, 2013, Building Economic Awareness: A key step toward a knowledge-based society, organized The Economic Development Board (EDB) and the Centre for Research at Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF), Financial Harbour, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
- May 28 & 29, 2013 attending a Doctoral Symposium, organized jointly by Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain & Brunel University London, United Kingdom.