Every student is assigned an academic advisor from their relevant department and college. An academic advisor is responsible for providing accurate and complete information about a student’s degree requirements and assisting with students’ overall academic progress throughout their study duration. A student can approach an academic advisor for the following concerns:
- Outlining a plan of studies for the upcoming semesters, reviewing, and satisfying all degree requirements.
- Resolving academic difficulties; information on how to prepare for final exams, course related concerns, etc.
- Clarifying university policies, regulations, programmes, and procedures.
- Reviewing academic records, and any deficiencies.
- Assessing goals and interests and developing a strategy to achieve academic and future career goals.
- Assessing progress and performance.
- Any other thing related to your programme that you might want to discuss in a confidential manner.
Note: For concerns advisors cannot resolve, they may refer students to the appropriate body.