- Madina Hamiane is Associate Professor and Dean of the College of Engineering. Dr. Madina received a Diplome d’Etudes Superieures (DES) in Electronics from the Universite des Sciences et de la Technologie d’Alger, Algeria in 1979. In 1980, she was awarded a scholarship from the Algerian Ministry of Higher education to pursue postgraduate studies in the UK. She received a Master of Science (MSc) degree in Cybernetics and Instrument Technology from the University of Reading, UK, in 1982 and a Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Control Engineering from the University of Sheffield, UK, in 1986. In 1995, based on her PhD degree and her subsequent research work, Dr. Madina was awarded the Doctorat d’Etat en Automatisme by la Commision Nationale des Equivalences, Ministere de l’Enseignement Superieur et de la recherche scientifique (MESRS), Algeria. Dr Madina joined Ahlia University in September 2009 as an Associate Professor of Engineering in the department of Computer Engineering, College of Engineering. She has been appointed in a number of administrative positions as chairperson of the Telecommunication Department, and the Computer Engineering department before being selected to lead the College of Engineering in March 2012. In addition to assuming her administrative role as Dean of the College of Engineering, Dr. Madina is actively involved in programme curricula development and contributed significantly in the major review and restructuring of the two programmes offered by the College of Engineering. Dr. Madina has also been active in research through supervision of Master’s and Bachelor students and has a significant research record in the areas of Control System identification, Signal Processing, Biomedical signal/image analysis, Electronics and Forensic Science. Dr. Madina serves as a member of the editorial boards in, and a reviewer for, a number of International Engineering Journals and has chaired sessions in international conferences. She holds memberships with international engineering academic associations such as the International Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), the Institute of Advanced Engineering and Science (IAES), the International Association of Engineers (IAENG) , and the International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED).
- Dr. Madina has been awarded a number of teaching awards such as the best instructor in the Master’s Programme in Electronic Systems (USTHB, Algeria) and the best Computing Science instructor (RUW, Bahrain).
Areas of research interests:
- Signal/Image Processing
- Biomedical signal/Image processing
- System Identification
- Simulation of Electronic/Control/Network systems
- CBIR applications in Forensics
Electricity and Magnetism, Fundamentals of Electronics, Advanced Electronics, Sample- data control systems, General Physics, Electrical Circuits, Electricity and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Theory, Vibrations and Waves, Introduction to Electronics, Electronic circuits, Introduction to Computer Programming using MATLAB, Solid-State Physics, Business Mathematics , Foundations in Maths and Statistics, Introduction to IT, Computing Principles, Introduction to Programming with Visual Basic, Discrete Mathematics, Java Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Software Development, Advanced VB Programming, Electric Circuits, Introduction to Matlab Programming & Simulink, Control Systems, Wireless Systems Overview, Advanced Visual Programming, Operating Systems, Introduction to Interactive Systems, Research Methods in IT and Engineering, Information Security, Signals and Systems, Electronic Circuits, Principles of Control Systems, Digital Signal Processing.
Implementation of digital control algorithms, Identification of linear & non-linear systems, Advanced Electronic Circuits, Linear Integrated Circuits, Classical Electrodynamics, Advanced Electrodynamics, Physics of Dielectrics, Mathematical Methods for Physical Science, Programming Methods for Scientists, Microelectronics, Numerical Methods and Advanced Computing with MATLAB, Modeling and Simulation, Advanced Signal/Image Processing.
Supervision of Graduation projects, Master’s and PhD dissertations in various areas such as Control Systems, Electronics, Signal Processing, Network Systems.
- More than 100 undergraduate Projects (in: Algeria, KSA , Bahrain)
- 10 Master’s Dissertations ( in: Algeria, KSA, Bahrain)
- 2 PhD supervisions (in: Bahrain and KSA)
- M. Hamiane and A. Ouahabi, “Nouvaux aspects du Traitement du Signal: Modelisation Parametriques des Signaux”, Colloque International sur les Techniques Modernes de Communication, Alger, Algerie, Novembre 1987.
- M. Hamiane, “Parameter Estimation for linear discrete-time multivariable systems”, The IASTED International Symposium on Modelling Identification & Control, Grindelwald, Switzerland, February 1988.
- M. Hamiane, “On the classification of Ultrasonic Signals using SVM Models”, the 14th International Conference on Composites/Nano Engineering ICCE-14, Boulder, June 2006.
- M. Hamiane, “Automatic Shoeprint Image Retrieval Systems :A Comparative Study”, The 8th International Conference on Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition and Applications, SPPRA 2011 , Innsbruck , Austria, February 2011
- Madina Hamiane, “Analog Non-Linear Function Synthesizer: HSPICE Design and Simulation”, The 5th International Conference on Circuits, Systems, Control, Signals(CSCS ’14), Salerno, Italy , June 3-5, 2014.
- Madina Hamiane and Isa AlHeddi, “ An Automatic Detection System of Abnormalities in ECG Signals”, The International Conference on Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, Clean Energy and Green Computing (ECBECE 2015) , Dubai, UAE, January 2015
A Real-Time Change Detection System, Amina Khunji and Madina Hamiane (2015), International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 9.
Automatic Detection of Abnormalities In ECG Signals: A MATLAB Study, Madina Hamiane and I.Y. Al-Heddi (2015), International Journal of Biology and Biomedical Engineering (IJBBE), Vol. 9, pp. 62-71, ISBN: 2307-924.
A CMOS-based Analog Function Generator: HSPICE Modeling and Simulation, Madina Hamiane (August 2014), International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), Vol.4, No. 4, pp. 532-538, ISBN: 2088-8708.
ECG Signals: Simulation and Analysis in MATLAB, Madina Hamiane and May Hashim Ali (June, 2014), International Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER) Vol. 9, No. 18.
MRI Brain Analysis and Classification for Computer- Assisted Diagnosis, Madina Hamiane and Fatema Salman (December 17-19, 2016) , 8th International Conference on Sensors and Signals (SENSIG ’16) , Bern, Switzerland.
Automatic Detection System of Abnormal Patterns in ECG Signals, Isa Yaser Al-Heddi , Madina Hamiane (28-30 January 2015), The International Conference on Electrical and Bio-medical Engineering, Clean Energy and Green Computing (EBECEGC2015) , Dubai.
Modelling and Simulation of CMOS-Based Analog Function Generator, Madina Hamiane (6-7 July 2014), 4th International Conference on Circuits, Systems and Simulation ICCSS 2014, Nottingham, UK.