Dr Maryam Almahdi is an academic, consultant, and trainer in digital, social media and content marketing, and the consumer digital experience. She has both academic knowledge and practical experience in consumer behavior on online platforms, especially in terms of sociability and interactivity. Her academic research is centered around the consumer digital experience. Dr Maryam Almahdi has delivered many public talks, workshops, and conference presentations about digital marketing and the customer online experience to global audiences.
Dr Almahdi is an alumnus of the University of Bath School of Management (PhD) and the University of Leeds Business School (MSc). While at university, she developed a passion for teaching and research, inspired by lecturers at both universities. For her, the best thing about being an academic is getting the opportunity to be creative and connect with and motivate the people around her, both students and colleagues.
Dr Maryam Almahdi is the holder of DMI’s Digital Marketing Professional Accreditation (Ireland) and ILM’s Train the Trainer Accreditation (UK). She is a member of both the Academy of Marketing and the European Academy of Marketing.
In May 2021, Dr Almahdi won The Creative Teaching Competition at the 1st International Innovative Learning and Teaching Conference at the American University of Bahrain, based on her experience introducing the ‘Digital and Social Media Marketing’ course to Ahlia University students. Also based on her work in developing the aforementioned course, she was selected as an assessment torch bearer by the Advance HE organization in the UK. Dr Almahdi has won the Best Paper Award at EAMMIS21 Conference, Istanbul, Turkey in March 2021.
- “Social Commerce: A whole new world!”, Ahlia University, Bahrain (Upcoming: 14/11/2018)
- “Social Commerce and Interactivity: A match made in the digital heaven” University of Bath, UK (February 2017)
- “Developing a Typology of Social Commerce Websites- An Exploratory Study” University of Limerick, Ireland (July 2015)
- “Dealing with work-related pressure” Ahlia University, Bahrain (14- 16 May 2013)
- “Bahraini non-profit organizations’ utilization of social media marketing: future directions” The Gulf Volunteer Work Forum, Bahrain (April 2013)
- “Ethical Issues in e-Commerce: Privacy Considerations and Customer Information Handling”. The Gulf E-commerce Forum “GEF 6”, Bahrain (December 2012
- The academy of Marketing Conference Bursary, July 2015.