Dr. Baraa Sharif obtained his BSc in Computer Science from the University of Mosul, Iraq, in 2008. He obtained his MSc in Information Technology from the National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, in 2011. His PhD in Information Technology was acquired from the National University of Malaysia, Malaysia, in 2016.
Dr. Baraa Sharif is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Information Technology, Ahlia University, Bahrain. Before joining Ahlia University, Dr. Sharif worked as a Research Assistant at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology, from 2012 to 2015. He has also conducted additional laboratory work for the degree and foundation programs at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology. He has published several papers in various highly ranked journal papers and conference papers.
Dr. Baraa is a member of various advisory and organizing committees in Ahlia University. Moreover, he is a member of a number of scientific and professional societies, such as, IEEE and ACM.
He is a reviewer for several international journals and conferences such as: Journal of Neural Computing and Applications-Springer and IEEE International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies. He has received many awards in research such as: the ‘Certificate of excellence’ for the best research award in Faculty of Science and Information Technology, National University of Malaysia, 2014, and a ‘Certificate of appreciation’ from the ministry of higher education and scientific research of Iraq on July 7, 2013.
Dr. Baraa has attended, participated and organized many seminars and workshops.
His favorite’s sports and hobbies include swimming, reading, travelling, meeting new people, exploring traditional cuisine, history and culture.
- ‘Certificate of excellence’ for best research award in Faculty of Science and Information Technology, National University of Malaysia. 2014
- ‘Certificate of appreciation’ from the ministry of higher education and scientific research of Iraq on July 7, 2013
Dr. Baraa has supervised a number of undergraduate major projects and master dissertations in the areas of:
- Network and wireless communication
- Information retrieval and national language processing
International Refereed Conferences:
- Sohail Safdar, Mohd Fadzil Hassan, Rehan Akbar, Baraa T. Sharef and Muhammad Aasim Qureshi “Mechanism to Continue System Availability during Cyber Threat Scenario” ACM IMCOM 2017, 5-7 January, Beppu, Japan. (Published)
- Baraa T. Sharef, Raed A. Alsaqour, and Mahamod Ismail. “”Comparative Study of Variant Position-Based VANET Routing Protocols.”” Procedia Technology 11 (2013): 532-539. (Published)
- Baraa T. Sharef, Raed A. Alsaqour, and Mahamod Ismail. “”A comparison of various vehicular ad hoc routing protocols based on communication environments.”” Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication. ACM, 2013. (Published)
- Sharef, Zeyad T., Ammar E. Alaradi, and Baraa T. Sharef,. “”Performance evaluation for WiMAX 802.16 e OFDMA physical layer.”” Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks (CICSyN), 2012 Fourth International Conference on. IEEE, 2012. (Published)
- (*) Current H-index: 5 Available on Google Scholar Citation