- Dr. Yaser was born in 1976 in Muharraq, Kingdom of Bahrain. He received his Ph.D. in Educational Technology, from Nanjing Normal University in 2009. He also has a master’s degree in educational curriculum and teaching (physics) from the same university. He Started his career as a physics teacher in Ministry of Education, Bahrain, in year 2001, but shortly after one year travelled to China to continue his post graduate studies. In 2009 he received a Ph.D. degree and served as an Assistant professor in Nanjing University, China, for 2 years and published a number of researches in educational technologies, comparative education of China and the Arab world. After that he joined China Central Television (CCTV) and served as a Sino-Arab Relations Expert, trainer & analyst for 2 years. Dr. Yaser joined Ahlia University in May, 2013 as an Assistant Professor. Now he is the Director of Ahlia University Centre for Measurement and Evaluation (CME), dealing with all kinds of surveys and evaluations that contribute to the academic and educational process.
- Dr. Yaser was a key member of Educational electronic games project in Nanjing City, China, dealing with planning the new e-curriculum information engineering and rebuilding the new environment of teaching and learning process in Jiangsu Providence. The project was supported by the Chinese central government and acquired the first award by Education bureau in Jiangsu province of China.
- Dr. Yaser was one among three professors who worked collaboratively to establish the first Arabic language and culture department in Nanjing University, Jingling College, China, in year 2007. The department started with 33 students majoring in Arabic language, minor in Education. Today, there are more than 1000 students studying Arabic language plus Education in the department. About 250 Chinese students graduated between year 2010 and 2014. Now, the Arabic language department in Nanjing University, Jingling College is one of the largest and most successful departments for teaching Arabic as a foreign language in China.
Areas of research interests:
- educational information engineering
- Educational technologies
- ee-games (educational electronic games)
- virtual universities
- Comparative education & Culture
- Chinese Confucianism/Ruism philosophy of Education/teaching
Undergraduate: Chinese language and Culture CHIN 101 (Humanities Course)
Graduate: Internal Examiner for Master’s Degree in Engineering Management program by The George Washington and Ahlia University.
- The P. R. of China, Nanjing Xiao Zhuang Institute Transaction (core magazine), 2009 (3); “A Comparative Study of the Physics Curriculum Standards in the Kingdom of Bahrain and China”
- P. R. of China, Nanjing Xiao Zhuang Institute Transaction, 2008 (5); “An Overview of the Usage of Information Technology in Education in the Kingdom of Bahrain; Planning and Future Vision”
- P. R. of China, Nanjing Normal University Transaction (core magazine), 2006 (4); “An Overview of Science Education in the Kingdom of Bahrain”
- P. R. of China, Overseas Education Transaction (core magazine), 2006 (1), “An Overview of the Education System in Bahrain”
- P. R. of China, Nanjing City, International Conference of Physics Instruction Creative Experiments, 2005; “A Comparative Study of Physics Curriculum Teaching Materials in the Kingdom of Bahrain”