Dr Nassima Debab joined Ahlia University in September 2009 as full time Assistant Professor, and as a member of the MBA Committee. Dr. Nassima was promoted to an Associate Professor in 2003 and was appointed as the Chairperson of department of Banking and Finance in 2011 till the present, and as the QAA coordinator of BSBF program in 2012.
Dr Nassima Debab has the following qualifications :
- Post- doctoral in International Finance, HEC (École des Hautes Études Commercials), Montreal University, CANADA (2005-2006)
- DESS (Professional Master) In Risk Management (Bank), CEDERS, Aix en Provence –Marseille II- France (2004-2005),
- PH.D International Finance, CEFI, Aix en Provence –Marseille II- France (1999 – 2002)
- Master Degree, CEFI, Aix en Provence –Marseille II- France (1997 – 1998)
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Setif University, Algeria (1992 – 1996)
Dr Nassima Debab has recieved the following awards :
- Asian Education leadership Award of Best professor in Banking and Finance 2015
- OUTSTANDING SCIENTIST AWARD (in the category of Finance) of the Research Awards – VIFRA 2015
- Ahlia University Award to promote research in local and International conferences. Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, 2011, 2012.
- Ahlia University Award to publish a research work in reputed international journals. Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain, 2011, 2012.
- Financial awards to study at Montreal University, 2005
- Financial awards to study at Aix –Marseille II University – France, 1999-2002.
- Financial awards to study at Aix –Marseille II – France University, 1998-1999.
Dr. Nassima research interest is in the following areas:
- International finance,
- Derivatives Securities
- Exchange Rate Regime Choices (in particular the sustainability of currency unions),
- The limitations and opportunities of working capital management with emphasis on trade credit
- Corporate finance
- Privatisation, valuation and performance of initial public offerings,
- Modelling and estimation of market risk. Corporate governance – managerial incentives, capital and ownership structure, regulation.
- Emerging markets- development, integration and efficiency.
Before joining Ahlia University, Dr. Nassima gained her teaching experience in several reputable universities and education institutions. She worked as a part time assistant professor, in the Department of Banking and Finance, College of Business and Finance, in the Kingdom University, Bahrain (2008-2009), the Royal University for Women, Bahrain (2008-2009) and the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Bahrain, July (2007-2008).
She was a Lecturer, and a Faculty of Business administration, Farhat ABBAS University, Algeria, from 1996-1997. She was the Executive Director, at GAA, Kingdom of Bahrain, (2007-2009).
Dr. Debab worked as a researcher, for the College of Business and Finance, HEC, at Montreal University (2005-2007), and as an Assistant Professor, CEFI, at Aix-Marseille II, France (2002).
- Financial crisis through the eyes of Islamic and conventional banking in Bahrain
- Money Laundering
- Banking and finance through the eyes of religion; Islam,
- The impact of foreign direct investment in Bahrain
- A Glimpse into privatisation in Argentina, Royal University
- Islamic Banking during financial crises,
- How to create and sustain a successful branch manager,
- Online Banking, Kingdom University
- Islamic Banking Practices
- Cessation of fraud by auditing and financial statement, Kingdom University, 2009
- Bahrain ports toward privatisation
- The implementation of Islamic banking in non-Muslims countries
- Globalization; Affects and Impact
- The secret of financial markets
- The Brightness of Islamic financial system
- The implementation of contactless smart card payments technology to a public
- ELearning a blessing or a curse on the University student’s skills;: a case study of the financial and Administrative Sciences- Ahlia University-Bahrain, Nassima DEBAB & Allam Hamdan, The Fifth International Arab Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher education IACQA’2015
- Globalization and Privatization : Two faces one Coin, the2011 SIBR conference on Interdisciplinary Business and Economic Research, Bangkok ,Thailand, June 16 -18.2011.
- Effects of Trade Liberalization on Domestic Consumer Prices A Case Study of Gulf Cooperation Council, first International Conference Globalization: Business, finance and education, August 22-23. 2011, Varna, Bulgaria.
- Globalization and Privatization: Two faces one Coin, first International Conference Globalization Business, finance and education, August 22-23. 2011, Varna,Bulgaria.
- Privatization and Globalization: an Empirical Analysis, Invited Speaker Seminar, The Bank of Canada, January 28, 2011.
- Privatization and Globalization: an Empirical Analysis, The Graduate School of Finance, KAIST, Seoul, August 25 2010.
- Does the privatisation process effects the performance; Case study: The Melat Bank, Nassima DEBAB & Zahra Ahmed Adeebi, European Journal of Economics,Finance and Administrative Science, 2015.
- Do organisations benefit when they privatise? A case study of Batelco; Bahrain, Nassima DEBAB, Hooria Hafedh and Mohsen A.Hadi Al-Safar, International Journal of Managerial Studies and Research , Volume 2 Issue 10 ( 2015).
- Privatisation and bank performance in developing countries, Nassima DEBAB & Ali Abdullatif in the European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, 2015
- Globalization and Privatization: Two faces…. one Coin, Nassima DEBAB, International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, ISSN 1450-2887 Issue 74 (2011).
- Effects of Trade Liberalization on Domestic Consumer Prices A Case Study of Gulf Cooperation Council, Nassima DEBAB & Saeed J. Radhi; European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences; ISSN 1450-2275 Issue 37 (2011).
- Determinants and Impact of FDI on Bahrain’s Economy, Nassima DEBAB & Ali Al Mansoor, Research Journal of International Studies, Issue 21 (October, 2011).
- Facts behind Stability of Islamic Insurance “Takaful” during Financial Crisis”, Nassima DEBAB & Abeer Zakareya Shaikh Isa Ali, International Research Journal of Applied Finance, Vol. III, Issue. 11 (November, 2012).
- The Dynamics of Foreign Direct Investment and Privatization: An Empirical Analysis, Narjess Boubakri, Jean-Claude Cosset , Nassima Debab and Pascal Valery, Management International, 2009), vol 13, n° 2, p.81-92.
- Privatization and Globalization: an Empirical Analysis, Narjess Boubakri, Jean-Claude Cosset , Nassima Debab and Pascal Valery, Journal of Banking and Finance, (2013), vol 37, p.1898-1914.
- Assessing the Factors that Influence Trust in the Bahraini Retail Banking after the Financial Crisis, Nassima DEBAB and Hamad Abdulla Yateem, International Journal of Business Management and Economic Research (IJBMER), Vol 3(3),2012,546-565
- ELearning a blessing or a curse on the University student’s skills;: a case study of the financial and Administrative Sciences- Ahlia University-Bahrain, Nassima DEBAB & Allam Hamdan, The Fifth International Arab Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher education IACQA’2015.
- Les entreprises publiques Algérienne, Nassima DEBAB, université d’Aix en Provence, France, 1998.
- Le processus de privatisation en Algérie, Nassima DEBAB, université d’Aix en Provence, France, 2003
- La privatisation et la mondialisation, Nassima DEBAB, Université de Montréal, 2006
- Evaluation des risques financiers Nassima DEBAB, CEDERS, université d’Aix en Provence, France, 2005.