Assistant professor of Physics at Ahlia University, Kingdom of Bahrain, BSc. 1991 (University of Bahrain), MSc. 1999 (Emporia State University), and Ph.D. 2006 (University of Kansas). He joined University of Bahrain in 2007 (first semester), as an assistant professor, and joined AMA university, as an assistant professor in 2007 – 2008, and Finally, he joined Ahlia University in 2008 – present. He serves as a chairperson of Mathematical Science department at Ahlia University. He has couple of publications in molecular dynamics in American journals PRL and PRB and currently is working on a third one to publish in Physical Review journal. He has attended few international Conferences where he presented papers and posters. Dr. Majeed is a member of sigma pi sigma. He has been teaching Physics and Mathematics at Ahlia University and has also worked on quantum computation in the laboratory of Siyuan Han. His research interest is computational physics, chemistry and material Science.
Dr Majeed has attended the following conferences:
- Amini, M. and Laird, B. B. (2011), Calculation of the crystal-melt interfacial free energy for the binary hard-sphere system with the diameter ratio of 0.9 at the azeotrope. American Physical Society Conference, Anaheim, California.
- Amini, M. and Laird, B. B. (2006), The kinetic coefficient of hard-sphere crystal-melt interfaces from molecular-dynamics simulations, American Physical Society Conference, Washington D.C.
Mathematics for business:
- Math 103 (Mostly algebra)
- Math 104 (Calculus for Business Students)
- Math 101 (Calculus I)
- Math 102 (Calculus II)
- Math 202 (Calculus III)
- Phys 101(General physics I, Mechanics)
- Phys 102 (General Physics II, Electricity and Magnetism)
- Stat 101
- Crystal-melt interfacial free energy of binary hard spheres from capillary fluctuations, Majeed Amini and Brian B. Laird (30 October 2008), Physical Review B, 78, Iss. 14 — 1 October 2008, 144112.
- Kinetic Coefficient for Hard-Sphere Crystal Growth from the Melt, Majeed Amini, Brian Laird (November 2006), Physical Review Letter, 97, Iss. 21-24 November 2006, 216102.
- Calculation of the crystal-melt interfacial free energy for the binary hardsphere system with the diameter ratio of 0.9 at the zoetrope, Majeed Amini, Brian Laird (April 2011), American Physical Society, APS, USA.
- The kinetic coefficient of hard-sphere crystal-melt interfaces from molecular-dynamics simulations, Majeed Amini, Brian Laird (March 2006), American Physical Society, APS, USA.