Dr. Dalia was born in 1975 in Benha, Kaluobyia, Egypt. She graduated from the Faculty of Physiotherapy, Cairo University in 1996 and finished her internship in 1997. She then started teaching physiotherapy, in the Faculty of Physiotherapy, Cairo University in 1998 as a demonstrator in the department of physiotherapy for obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr Dalia was interested in the physiotherapy in the obstetrics and got her Master in 2002 which was titled “Effect of gentamycin iontophoresis on wound incidence post cesarean section”, and she was promoted to Lecturer. She finished her PhD in 2006 entitled “Effect of different heel heights of footwear on gait parameters in normal pregnant females” and was promoted to the rank of Assistant Professor in the same faculty. Dr. Dalia has her own practice as a consultant in Tantawy Center for physiotherapy from 2000 – 2009. Dr Dalia joined Ahlia University as an Assistant Professor in 2009 to present day. In 2013, based on her teaching and research production she was promoted to the rank of Associate Professor. Dr. Dalia is a member in the editorial board of some well-known international journals such as International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation (UK), International journal of Health and rehabilitation Sciences (IJHRS) and Journal of Exercises Science and Physiotherapy. Also, Dr. Dalia is a peer reviewer in number of distinguished international journals as the journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation and Geriatric & Gerontology Journal.
Dr. Dalia’s research interest is the area of women’s health. At the beginning of her research career, through her interest in obstetrical women’s health she made her Master, PhD and research papers in this stream. Recently, Dr. Dalia added another area to her research interest which is pelvic floor dysfunction and published research papers in different refereed journals. As well as this Dr Dalia became a member in The Mediterranean Society of Pelvic Floor Disorders.
1) Supervision on Master dissertation under the title of: incidence of pelvic floor dysfunction among Egyptian women in first year following vaginal delivery. Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 2009-2011.
2) Acknowledged for sharing final revision in Master dissertations as followings, under entitled:
- Effect of therapeutic ultrasound on coccyxdenia in postpartum women, Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 2008.
- Planter foot pressures distribution in different trimesters of normal pregnancy, Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 2007.
- Effect of ultrasound therapy on alleviating pain and adhesion in endometriosis. Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 2007.
- Effect of Balance Training on Postural Balance in Post- menopausal Women. Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 2008.
In Ahlia University, Dr. Dalia supervised up to 40 undergraduate students for their final project.
Dr. Dalia has a long teaching experience since 1998 – 2009 for both under and postgraduate students which has continued in Ahlia University since 2009 to present as following:
– Clinical training of P.T for Obstetrics & Gynecology at the 3rd Academic Year, Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 1998-2009.
– P.T for Obstetrics & Gynecology, 3rd Academic Year, Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 1998-2009.
– Clinical Training of P.T for Obstetrics & Gynecology at the 3rd Academic Year, Faculty of Physical Therapy, 6th October University, Egypt 2007-2008.
– Clinical Training of P.T for Obstetrics & Gynecology at Post Graduate (Diploma), Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 2007-2009.
– Biomechanics for Pregnant Women, Post Graduate (Master), Faculty of Physical Therapy, Cairo University 2007-2009.
– General anatomy for 1st Year College of Medical Health & Sciences, Ahlia University, Bahrain 2009- present.
-Theories of cardiopulmonary physiotherapy, Medical physiotherapy & cardiopulmonary surgery and medicine for 3rd year, College of Medical Health & Sciences, Ahlia University, Bahrain 2009- present.
– Medical Physiotherapy course for the3rd year, College of Medical Health & Sciences, Ahlia University, Bahrain 2009- present.
– Research in Physiotherapy and Ergonomics & Occupational health for physiotherapy for 4th year (undergraduate). College of Medical Health & Sciences, Ahlia University, Bahrain 2009- present.
•23rd women’s health congress, Washington DC, 16- 19 April, 2015.
•Ahlia Research Day March 2015.
•Ahlia Research Day 26-27 February, 2014.
•BIT,s 1st Annual Global Health conference, Dalian, China, 10-12 October, 2013.
• Research Day of Ahlia University. 5-6 November 2012.
•Physio Dubai Conference, Dubai UAE, 28 – 30 March 2010.
•13th International Scientific Conference of Physical Therapy, Egypt, April, 2010.
•7th GCC of primary Health Care, 3 – 5 May 2010, Bahrain.
•The 6th Annual Meeting of the Mediterranean Society of the Pelvic Floor Disorders (MSPFD), April, 2008. Egypt.
•The 4th National Conference of Human Performance in Health and Disability, June, 2008. Egypt
•11th International Scientific Conference of Physical Therapy March, 2008. The 3rd National Conference of Human Performance in Health & Disability Egypt, April 2007.
- Experience of dysmenorrhea among a group of physical therapy students from Cairo University: an exploratory study, Dalia M Kamel, Sayed A Tantawy, Gehan A Abdelsamea (2017), Journal of Pain Research, 10 1079–1085.
- Pulsed magnetic field versus ultrasound in the treatment of postnatal carpal tunnel syndrome: A randomized controlled trial in the women of an Egyptian population, Dalia M. Kamel, Nashwa S. Hamed, Neveen A. Abdel Raoof, Sayed A. Tantawy (2017), Journal of Advanced Research, 8, 45–53.
- The effect of kinesio taping with exercise compared with exercise alone on pain, range of motion, and disability of the shoulder in post mastectomy females: a randomized control trial, Sayed A Tantawy, Dalia M Kamel (2016), J. Phys. Ther. Sci. 28: 3300–3305.
- Efficacy of lumbar mobilization on postpartum low back pain in Egyptian females: A randomized control trial, Dalia M. Kamel, Neveen A. Abdel Raoof and Sayed A. Tantawy (2016), J Back Musculoskelet Rehabil, 29(1):55-63. doi: 10.3233/BMR-150598.
- Effect of kinesio taping on pain post laporoscopic abdominal surgery: randomized controlled trial, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel, IJTRR 2015, 4: 5 I doi: 10.5455/ijtrr.00000098.
- Effect of abdominal versus pelvic floor muscle exercises in obese Egyptian women with mild stress urinary incontinence: A randomised controlled trial, Dalia M. Kamel, Ali A. Thabet, Sayed A. Tantawy, Mohamed M. Radwan (2013), Hong Kong Physiotherapy Journal, 31(1):12–18.
- Influence of second-degree flatfoot on spinal and pelvic mechanics in young females, Neveen Abdel-Raoof, Dalia Kamel, Sayed Tantawy (2013), International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation, 20(9):428-343.
- Detrusor instability responses to transvaginal versus posterior tibial nerve stimulation, Adly AS, Ali AT, Dalia MK, Sayed AT (2012), The Health; 3(4): 90-93.
- Efficacy of Ultrasound on Bone Mineral Density and Quality of Life in Females Post- mastectomy Patients: Pre-Post Intervention Study, Sayed A Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel (2012),Indian Journal of Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy. 2012, 6(4): 254-258. 5p. 2 Charts.
- Postmenopausal Breast Cancer Chemotherapy Responses Antiemetics P6 Accustimulation, Sayed A. Tantawy& Dalia M. Kamel (2010), Med. J. Cairo Univ., Vol. 78, No. 2, September 205-211.
- Effect of Weight Reduction on Liver Enzyme in Obese Post- menopausal Women with Chronic Hepatitis, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel, Akram Abdel Aziz and Manal E. AbuFarha (Jul. 2010), Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ., Vol. 15, No. (2).
- Does Aerobic Exercise Training with Weight Loss Affect Serum C-reactive Protein in Asymptomatic Obese Peri-menopausal Women?, Dalia M. Kamel& Sayed A. Tantawy (December, 2010), Med. J. Cairo Univ., Vol. 78, No. 2, 687-692.
- Effect of Low Level Laser Therapy during the Treatment of Chemotherapy Induced Oral Mucositis in Postmenopausal Breast Cancer, Sayed A. Tantawy (2008), Dalia M. Kamel, Nevee A. Abd El-Raoof, Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ.: Vol 13, No.1.
- Fecal Incontinence Responses to Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation in Partial Spinal Cord Injured Patients, Hoda M. Zakaria, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel, Sahar M. Adel, Khalid A. Kassem (2009) , Bull. Fac. Ph. Th. Cairo Univ.: Vol 14, No.1.
- Effect of Kinesio taping on pain post laparoscopic abdominal surgery: randomized controlled trial, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel (16-17 March 2017), 18th International scientific conference of faculty of physical Therapy, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Investigating the effect of Kinesio tape over the convential physical therapy management of shoulder related complications in post mastectomy females: A randomized control trial, Sayed A. Tantawy, Dalia M. Kamel (10-11 March 2016), 17th International scientific conference of faculty of physical Therapy, Cairo University, Egypt.
Ergonomics and the women’s safety and health, Dalia M. Kamel (2-4 November, 2015) World Bio-summit & Expo 2015, Dubai.
- Postural balance profile in primigravidae women, Dalia M. Kamel (16- 19 April, 2015), 23rd women’s health congress, Washington DC.
- Abdominopelvic Cavity Concept in Urinary Incontinence Rehabilitation “Medical and Health Sciences”, Dr. Dalia Mohamed and Dr. Sayed Abdel Moneim Tantawey (2016), LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, OmniScriptum GmbH& Co. KG, BahnhofstraBe 28, 66111, Saarbrucken.
- Rehabilitation for Fecal Incontinence “Medical and Health Sciences”, Dr. Sayed Tantawey and Dr. Dalia Kamel (2016), LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, OmniScriptum GmbH& Co. KG, BahnhofstraBe 28, 66111, Saarbrucken.