Dr Anji Ben Hamed Amara is an Assistant Professor of Management and Marketing at Ahlia University Bahrain. She holds a Bachelor Degree in High Commercial Studies and a Master Degree in Management & Marketing from The Higher Institute of Commercial Studies (HEC), University of Carthage, Tunisia. In 2015 she obtained her PhD degree in management from the University of Paris 13, Sorbonne, Paris, with the highest level of distinction that could be awarded for a PhD in that first category University in France. Dr Anji joined Ahlia University, Bahrain in September 2011 as a lecturer of management and marketing at the Management and Marketing department. Dr Anji has wide ranging experience in academic teaching, research, training and consulting in management, marketing and entrepreneurship for the last 10 years in Tunisia, France and Bahrain. She is certified as a professional trainer in entrepreneurship and leadership by the Centre of International Private Enterprise (CIPE), USA and the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan, USA.
Dr Anji conducted research in the area of management, strategic management, entrepreneurship and innovation, leadership, marketing, e-commerce, consumer behaviour and digital marketing. She is appointed as a reviewer by the International Management Research Academy (IMRA), London, UK.
Areas of research interests:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Social entrepreneurship and economic growth
- CSR and corporate image
- Strategic management
- Innovation and organisational performance
- Leadership and team work
- Consumer motivation and goal-directed behaviour
- Cyber-consumer behaviour
- Digital marketing and social media marketing
Dr Anji teaches the following courses:
- Fundamentals of Management
- Human Resources Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- New Product Development,
- Principles of Marketing
- Sales Management
- Consumer Behaviour.
Dr Anji has supervised many Bachelor Degree projects in Management and Marketing, MBA theses and projects.
Dr Anji has presented several papers in international conferences and symposiums:
- “Atmospheric components of a commercial website and the behavioral responses of the cyber-consumers: case of an online store of cultural products” for the 6th International Conference on Management, Finance and Entrepreneurship, Istanbul, Turkey, 17-18 October, 2015.
- “The Multidimensionality of the spin-off strategy: case of Tunisian companies”, PhD symposium, University Paris 13, Sorbonne, Paris, France. April, 2014 (Online presentation).
- “A Contribution to the Understanding of the Purposes of the Spin-off Strategy; towards a conceptual Model”, PhD symposium, Caen University, France. January, 2013.
- “Website atmosphere and behavioural response of online consumers” 4th International conference on Entrepreneurship and Enterprise: New Challenges and New Challenges”, organised by the Association of Development Research Affairs and ISAEG Gafsa, Tunisia, May, 2009.
- “Music: a distractor in the virtual point of sale”, 3rd international symposium on entrepreneurship and enterprise in the new economy, organised by the Association of Development Research Affairs of Gafsa and ISAEG, Tunisia, April, 2008.
- “Ethics and Innovation: between value added and value shared”, 2nd Symposium of the Research Unit of GEMAS, Gammarth, Tunisia, June, 2008.
Atmospheric Components Of A Commercial Website And The Behavioral Responses Of The Cyber-Consumers: Case Of An Online Store Of Cultural Products, Anji Benhamed (May, 2016), Amity Journal Of Marketing (AJM), Vol 1, (ISSN: 2455- 975X/ RNI: UPENG04198).
Research in Progress:
The Spin-off strategy as a Social responsibility management technique: the Case of Tunisian public companies. July, 2015.
A Contribution to the Understanding of the Purposes of the Spin-off Strategy: Towards a Model of Spin-off strategy: the Large Tunisian Companies as a Case Study, September, 2015.