What are the undergraduate programmes offered at Ahlia University?
College of Arts, Sciences and Education
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design (BSID)
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design (BSGD)
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications & Public Relations ( BSMCPR)
College of Business & Finance
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance ( BSAF )
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Banking & Finance ( BSBF)
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Economics & Finance ( BSEF )
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems ( BSMIS )
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Management & Marketing ( BSMM )
College of Engineering
- - Bachelor‘s Degree in Computer and Communications Engineering (BSCCE)
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Mobile and Networks Engineering (BSMNE)
College of Information Technology
- - Bachelor ‘s Degree in Information Technology (BSIT)
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Distributed Systems and Multimedia (BSDSM)
College of Medical & Health Sciences
- - Bachelor’s Degree In Paramedics (BSPM)
- - Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy (BSPT)
What is the minimum qualification needed for joining undergraduate programmes in Ahlia University?
Any high school certificate holder, whose certificate is recognized by the Ministry of Education, Bahrain, with certain minimum grades, can apply for admission to the undergraduate studies in Ahlia University. However the cutoff marks will depend on the competition and number of seats available in a programme. Also students who hold National Diploma (awarded by Bahrain Training Institute), High National Diploma (awarded by Bahrain Training Institute), Associate Diploma (awarded by University of Bahrain) or equivalent recognized by the Ministry of Education, Bahrain can apply for lateral entry. Such applicants’ qualification and grades will be evaluated by an academic committee at Ahlia University before offering a seat at a certain level in the academic curriculum with exemption of certain number of credits. The same applies to transfer students from other recognized universities who wish to migrate to Ahlia University.
What are the documents that have to be submitted along with the application?
4 passport size photographs, copy of your passport, copy of your CPR or ID card ( if you are a resident of Bahrain) and copy of high school certificate and transcripts.
You may also submit other certificates such as TOEFL, IELTS or SAT so that you may be exempted from placement tests where possible.
What are the Masters degree programmes offered by Ahlia University?
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology and Computer Science (MITCC)
- Master’s Degree in Mass Communication and Public Relations (MCPR)
Who can apply for Masters degree programmes?
Anyone who is a Bahraini or has a residence in Bahrain and has a recognized Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field with good credentials is eligible to apply. Also all nationals of the Gulf countries can apply. Applicants belonging to other countries can also apply subject to the condition that the applicant has arranged the visa for entering the country and residence in Bahrain.
What are the deadlines for applying?
While admission process is continuous throughout the year, applicants are advised to apply well in advance of the beginning of the semester.