Admission to UG Programmes
Admission to UG Programmes
To be eligible for consideration for admission at the undergraduate level, an applicant normally should hold a recently issued recognised secondary school certificate or its equivalence. Candidates are selected from the most promising of the eligible applicants and up to the limits of available space determined by the University.
- Applicants must hold at least a recognized and endorsed secondary school certificate or equivalent.
- Applicants must pass the placement tests or submit an international recognised certificate or attain an acceptable score on an international recognised examination, in order to be exempted from the orientation programme.
- A completed Application Form
- Four recent passport size photographs.
- Photocopies of the applicant’s passport and CPR or ID card.
- A copy of the applicant’s secondary school certificate and graduation notification certified and endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education.
- A copy of the official transcript of grades for the last three years of secondary school endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education.
- A Medical Report.
Undergraduate applicants transferring from other recognised institutions of higher education are eligible for consideration for admission subject to meeting the following conditions:
- Successful completion of one or more semesters in the institution they are transferring from.
- Passing the English language proficiency requirements, if required.
- Submission of official transcripts of the courses studied with the syllabi and descriptions.
- The maximum number of credits that an undergraduate transfer applicant can be exempted from is 66% of the total number of credits required in their undergraduate degree at Ahlia University.
Undergraduate transfer applicants may be given transfer credits for courses required in their new programme:
- If there is a matching course in their new programme at Ahlia University.
- If they have obtained a ‘C’ grade or higher in the courses studied in the previous higher education institution.
- If the course has an equivalent number of credits.
The estimate duration to complete a Bachelor Degree in Ahlia University is 4 years, which is structured around 134 credit-hours covering 45 courses (Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy requires 154 credit-hours covering 48 courses the registration is closed).
The orientation programme is a one-semester program offered to undergraduate students who intend to pursue their education in a respective colleges at Ahlia University. The program aims to help students develop study skills and to better prepare themselves for the initiation to their university study. The program consists of a core of two courses, English and Mathematics. Those who fail an orientation course are given another chance to pass it in the following semester; otherwise, they will have to reapply for the coming academic year. Applicants who graduated from high schools where English is the language of teaching and applicants transferring from other higher education institutions may be exempted from taking the orientation programme.
The University administers placement tests in English language and Mathematics for new undergraduate applicants. Students who pass these tests are exempt from the orientation program.
Hours of Study
The duration of study for each course per semester is fifteen weeks, covering approximately 45 studying hours. The undergraduate level courses run from 9am until 7pm Sunday to Thursday. The courses also run over the weekend period (Friday and Saturday). For further information regarding the academic semester’s duration and events refer to the Academic Calendar.