Admission to PG Programmes
(PG Programmes Registration Is Closed)
Admission to PG Programmes
Admission to the MSc and MBA programmes is contingent on the applicant demonstrating sufficient academic preparation at the undergraduate level to warrant a prediction of scholastic success at the postgraduate level.
- Applicants must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree that is recognised and endorsed by the Higher Education Council in Bahrain.
- Applicants must hold at least a recognized and endorsed secondary school certificate or equivalent.
- A completed Application Form
- Four recent passport size photographs.
- Photocopies of the applicant’s passport and CPR or ID card.
- A copy of the applicant’s secondary school certificate and graduation notification certified and endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education.
- A copy of the official transcript of grades for the last three years of secondary school endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education.
- A copy of the applicant’s Bachelor’s Degree certificate and graduation notification certified and endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education.
- A copy of the official transcript of grades for all years of Bachelor’s Degree endorsed by the Bahraini Ministry of Education.
- A Medical Report.
- A non-refundable application fee of BD 40.
Postgraduate candidates transferring from a recognised institution of higher education are eligible for consideration for admission subject to meeting the following conditions:
- Successful completion of one or more semesters in the institution they are transferring from.
- Submission of official transcripts of the courses studied with the syllabi and descriptions.
- The maximum number of credits that a postgraduate transfer applicant can be exempted from is 50% of the total number of credits required in their postgraduate degree at Ahlia University.
- The dissertation course cannot be transferred.
Postgraduate transfer applicants may be given transfer credits for courses required in their new programme:
- If there is a matching course in their new programme at Ahlia University.
- If they have obtained a “C” grade or higher in the courses studied in the previous higher education institution.
- If the course has an equivalent number of credits.
The estimate duration to complete a Master’s Degree in Ahlia University is 2 years, which is structured around 36 credit-hours covering 8 courses and a dissertation.
Postgraduate applicants should normally possess a minimum undergraduate CGPA of 2.5 or its equivalent. Applicants with a CGPA of less than 2.5 may be asked to take the foundation courses.
Postgraduate applicants who don’t show the mastery of the relevant subject and has not been conclusively demonstrated by the academic transcript, the applicants are may be required to take one or more of the foundation courses.
Hours of Study
The duration of study for each course per semester is fifteen weeks, covering approximately 45 studying hours. The postgraduate courses run either on weekdays evenings after 5:00pm or on Weekends (Friday & Saturday). For further information regarding the academic semester’s durations and events refer to the Academic Calendar.